Friday, April 20, 2012

Stuffed Salmon with Crab, Shrimp and Brie

From McCormick & Schmick's
Posted by Andie Evans

This is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. Ever!

4 servings
1 c. beurre blanc sauce (recipe below)
4 (5 oz.) salmon fillets
6 oz. bay shrimp
6 oz. Dungeness crab meat
6 oz. brie cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
3 Tbs. mayonnaise
1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the beurre blanc sauce and set aside. Cut a slit vertically down the center of the fillet, just to the skin. Do not cut through the skin. Combine the shrimp, crab, brie, dill, salt and pepper. Gently blend in the mayonnaise to bind the mixture. Divide the stuffing mixture between the four fillets. Generously stuff the crab filling into the slit of the salmon and pack it nice and tight, mounding it on top. Bake in a lightly buttered baking dish for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to dinner plates and spoon the beurre blanc over the fish.

Beurre Blanc Sauce
Yield: 1 cup
6 oz. white wine
3 oz. white wine vinegar
3 whole black peppercorns
1 shallot, quartered
1 c. heavy cream
6 oz. cold, unsalted butter,cut into pieces
3 oz. cold, salted butter,cut into pieces
Combine wine, vinegar, peppercorns and shallot in a non-corrosive saucepan (stainless steel, Teflon,Calphalon). Reduce until the mixture is just 1 to 2 tablespoons and has the consistency of syrup. Add the cream and reduce again until the mixture is 3 to 4 tablespoons and very syrupy. Remove the pan from heat. Add the butter pieces, about 2 ounces at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each piece to melt in before adding more. (If the mixture cools too much, the butter will not melt completely and you will have to reheat it slightly. Strain and hold warm on astove-top trivet or in a double-boiler over very low heat until you are ready to use.

4 comments:

  1. My wife and I ate at McCormick and Kuleto's in San Francisco March 2018. My wife had this salmon dish and demanded I try a bite. That was the best salmon dish I have ever tasted and I searched for this recipe immediately after we left the restaurant.

    This Recipe is easy to follow for beginners or for those in the "not so good in the kitchen club". Just be sure to give yourself lots of time and don't take shortcuts.

    You may want to chill the Brie in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make it easier to dice up but that's the only improvement to this recipe I have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    This recipe is better than McCormick and Schmicks!!!
    And it was easy to make too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fiancĂ© and I had this in Atlantic City and I searched for a copy cat recipe because I had to make it at home. This recipe is better than the original and I didn’t even make the sauce. Made extra stuffing and piled it on top as well as stuffed the salmon and it was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made 4 times already without the sauce just the stuffing and all I have to say is wow!!! Best salmon recipe ever!

    ReplyDelete